Last week I began the long overdue process of upgrading the Photo Gallery plugin to work with Movable Type 4.1. A week later I have made a number of improvements and have gotten the plugin to a point where I feel much more comfortable encouraging people to download, install and actually use it. I am using it now for my personal photo gallery - for what that is worth.
- The upload dialog is now completely functional
- An upgrade function has been implemented to convert your old MT3.x galleries into Photo Gallery 2.0-compliant ones. The upgrade function right now is a URL hack, but it is simple: http://yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt.cgi?blogid=###&_mode=PhotoGallery.upgrade
Known Issues and To Do List
- Movable Type 4.2 users should make sure they use PG 2.01 or higher.
- The "Stop Design Photo Gallery (HTML)" template set is not yet functional.
- Tagging as a favorites doesn't work - I need to migrate old installs to use the
@favoritetag as opposed to the Favorite Category.
- The template set should auto install some albums for you if none exist.
- Add a caption field for a photo
- Favorites do not display properly on the front door
- Upgrade comment form to use MT4's new form
- Paginate category archives by month somehow