One project that I had always hoped to find time to work on while at Six Apart was a plugin that provided Movable Type bloggers with a capable and easy to use contact form solution for their web site or blog. It was a recurring problem I had while working on the various Movable Type-powered web sites I helped to administer. But alas, I could never scare up the time or the resources to do it.
But as luck would have it, I have an abundance of time right now, and a great partner willing to take on some of the expense required to build a plugin as large in scope as this one. So at last, I am pleased to announce a free and public beta of the first ever Contact Forms Plugin for Movable Type. If you don't have time to install it, take a look at a quick four minute demonstration:
It has a very robust feature list including the ability:
- to deploy multiple contact forms to a web site
- to add custom fields to your contact forms
- to view and respond to inquiries directly from within Movable Type
- to add contact forms in posts, pages or templates
- for designers to specify their own form HTML along with their themes
- for developers to define their own custom fields via YAML
If you have questions, would like to be involved in the beta, or would like information on how to purchase the plugin once it is officially released, then by all means: contact me! Powered by the Contact Forms plugin of course!