Install Media Manager
There are two options when installing Media Manager:
- Download and install the Media Manager archive manually
- Install via the Plugin Manager plugin for Movable Type
Installing via Plugin Manager
The recommended way to install Media Manager is via the Plugin Manager plugin which can install Media Manager for you automatically. To install via Plugin Manager, cut and paste the following URL into the Plugin Manager Install wizard:
If you prefer to install Media Manager manually, you can follow the following instructions.
- Download Media Manager
- If you have not already, upgrade MovableType to the latest version (MT3.2 or greater required). Upgrading MT is frick’n easy now…
- Unzip the Media Manager package. You will need to make sure you are mindful of the following: a) all files can be unpackaged into your MTHOME/plugins directory, and b) the files located in MTHOME/plugins/MediaManager/static need to be copied to your mt-static directory, which may also require you to edit your mt-config.cgi file (or mt.cfg if you have not migrated to the new config file yet).
- Make sure you have also installed the following MT plugins and Perl modules: