AutoLink Plugin for Movable Type
AutoLink provides users with a way of creating a list of "hot words." Whenever these words appear in a post, they are automatically linked to a designated URL. For example, if you were to frequently write about Movable Type, and anytime you mention the phrase "Movable Type" in a post you want it to be linked to http://www.movabletype.org/ without having to enter the link manually. This plugin will do that for you.
More advanced users could use AutoLink to setup linking rules that will turn Wiki formatted words into links into their internal/external wiki.
Prior to installation, the following requirements must be satisfied:
- User has MovableType 4.1 or later installed
- it could work on 4.0, but it has not been tested
- AutoLink 0.93 (zip)
To install this plugin follow the instructions found here:
About AutoLink Rules
Users manage how AutoLink is to convert strings, phrases and patterns into linkified text through a set of "rules." Each rule has the following properties:
- Label - a human readable description of the rule and its intention
- Pattern - the string to convert into a link
- Destination URL - the URL that the pattern will be linked to
- Regular Expression? - Process the pattern specified as a regular expression, otherwise process it is a simple string or phrase
- Link all occurrences? - Link all occurrences of the pattern, or just the first occurrence.
- Case insensitive? - Make the pattern case insensitive.
Editing Your Rules
Each blog in your installation of Movable Type is allowed to manage its own unique set of AutoLink rules.
You can edit your list of AutoLink rules by clicking "AutoLink Rules" from the Manage menu in Movable Type.
- QuickLink - AutoLink's predecessor