Hybrid News Theme for Movable Type
Hats off the WordPress community and Matt Mullenweg's insistence to promote open source design. Thanks to his philosophy and the courage of designers from the WordPress community, I am able to bring the Hybrid News Theme to Movable Type.
The Hybrid News Theme is the first newspaper theme for the Movable Type platform and enabled users to easily create a newspaper style web site:
If you are looking for the Hybrid News theme for WordPress, please visit their website.
View the live demo.
Download the Beta
This theme requires Movable Type Pro at is relies on custom fields for many of its advanced features.
This is beta software and is constantly being improved. Please submit bug reports at the following web site:
- Lighthouse Hybrid News Project
- Or submit them via email, making sure to use a descriptive subject header.
This plugin requires Movable Type Pro. It does not yet work with Movable Type Open Source. It is certainly my intent to support MTOS and Melody, just not at this time.
This plugin is installed just like any other Movable Type Plugin.
You will also need to install the following plugins:
- SEO enhanced:
- Alternate HTML
- Google Web Sitemaps
- Google News Sitemaps
- Associate content with official Google News categories
- Alternate HTML
- Front door slideshow of new and interesting content.
- Easily feature content on the front door.
- Easily designate content to your Hybrid News blog.
- Display summaries from each of your site's categories on the front door.
- Pull-down menus for easy site navigation.
- Customizable page navigation.
- Category, Comment and Entry feeds.
- Photo Gallery Support
- Create custom cropped images for placement on the front door, within the slideshow and else.
- Much, much more.
About the Designer
See the Hybrid Theme Community About page.
This theme is licensed under the GPLv2.