Photo Gallery Plugin for Movable Type
The Photo Gallery Plugin for Movable Type does more than provide a photo blogging theme for Movable Type users, it transforms the Movable Type user interface to make managing, editing and uploading photos easier.
This plugin makes use of the Image::ExifTool perl module. The module is optional. When installed it will give you the option of setting the date of the photo to the current date or the date the photo was actually taken.
This plugin surfaces a number of theme options which require you to install the Movable Type Configuration Assistant plugin version 1.01 or greater.
This plugin utilizes Mark's Order plugin.
The Photo Gallery plugin is constantly being improved. Please submit bug reports via the following approved mechanisms:
- Quickly install a professionally design photo gallery to your web site that is seamless extension of the popular "Mid-Century" blog theme for Movable Type.
- Multiple layouts for the front door, including a traditional photo blog layout, or a grid layout in which thumbnails predominate.
- Feature photos on the front door of your photo blog using the
- Utilize an enhanced photo management screen that replaces Movable Type's default Manage Entries and Manage Assets screens.
- Use a stream lined and enhanced upload wizard which replaces Movable Type's default Upload File dialog.
To install this plugin follow the instructions found here:
Usage: Uploading Photos and More
Check out: Using Photo Gallery
About Mid-Century Photo Gallery
Stop Design/Doug Bowman's Templates
Starting with version 2.2 of this plugin, the popular Stop Design Photo Gallery Templates are no longer included in this plugin, and sadly, no longer supported. They simply were too complex and costly to support going forward. However, for users wishing to have access to those templates, they may download the Stop Design Gallery Theme separately.
Upgrading from Photo Gallery 1.0
See "Upgrading Photo Gallery."