MTAmazon Plugin for Movable Type
MTAmazon is a plugin for Movable Type that provides template tags for displaying information from Amazon's product catalog.
MTAmazon is no longer maintained as a separate stand alone plugin. Users wishing to integrate Movable Type with Amazon should use Media Manager (which MTAmazon comes bundled with).
- MTAmazon was originally written by Adam Kalsey. As I developed Media Manager I wished to make changes and Adam allowed me to take over development of his plugin.
- I initially renamed and repackaged MTAmazon for Movable Type 3.2 and thought it clever to name the software MTAmazon32. I have since regretted that decision as it only has led to confusion about the difference between MTAmazon and MTAmazon32. In truth there is little difference.
- Later I found that most users wishing to use MTAmazon, really desired the functionality of Media Manager which made great use of MTAmazon's functionality. To simplify the installation of Media Manager, I began to bundle MTAmazon with Media Manager, which I continue to do todat.
Below is the documentation for the version of MTAmazon that ships with Media Manager.
- What is Amazon32?
- Installing MTAmazon32
- MTAmazon32 Template Tag Reference
- Troubleshooting MTAmazon: "Nothing shows up for me!"
- MTAmazon Getting Started Guide
Users wishing the most recent version of MTAmazon should download Media Manager, which MTAmazon is now bundled with. Only users of Movable Type 3.2 and before download the following packages.